Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What is love?

As a child, I was blessed to be raised in a Christian home. We went to Sunday School and church each week...and I learned, early on, that Jesus is love. He died on the cross so I could live forever - how does it get any better than that?



For the past 6 weeks I have had the opportunity to see Jesus in action. Yes, He is love.....and He has shown it to me over and over again in ways I would have never imagined - love is a woman who has 4 kids of her own, but has the time to bring me dinner on the night before my surgery, love is the countless men and women who have volunteered to take my children to/from school, dance, daycare, and all of the other places they need to be (way more volunteers than I could ever need.....), love is someone I barely know praying for me, love is someone I have NEVER met praying for me, love is family flying in from Chicago, Baltimore, and Florida to sit with my husband during the surgery, love is a life long friend (who happens to be a professional photographer) flying out for a short weekend to do a photo shoot of "before", love is quiet moments God has orchestrated just for me.....love is so many other things I have failed to mention....but I am keenly aware of all of the love Jesus has bestowed upon me. I feel as if He has been washing my feet over and over again....and I want to repay Him.....I keep thinking to myself - how can I ever repay these people for all of their kindness? And then, I am brought to my knees with the realization that YOU are Jesus to me. Jesus didn't STOP working for me and doing for me and loving me when He died on the cross - that is when He started.....

Thank you....I know you are praying for me - I just want you to know that I am praying for you, as well. There is no amount of money that could repay you for your acts of kindness, your prayers, and your love......but I will pray that God will bless you as you have blessed me.

I love you.........





1 comment:

Sylvia said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers every minute of this day,..Love you...Sylvia