Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hair

I did it!!! Patti colored my hair and cut it off.....NOT SHAVED, but cut it short!!! And, after that - we went and bought a wig. Hey - just trying to be organized here......when I get smarter than this web-site, I will post some photos.....

Why did I do it? My kids - when the time comes for Chemo, and I have been told that is a certainty, I will most likely lose my hair - becasue I do not want to take other drugs to prevent it (may change my mind on that, but probably not)...so, I thought this would be a great way to break the kids in slowly - my wig looks a lot like my hair now....they will never know!!!

On a side note - yes, Nelsie, I will post other photos, as well......I love you!!!

p.s. cancer is a bit like being pregnant - I am already having "sympathy sickness". I feel nautious a lot....I think it is anxiety. ( I am TOTALLY laughing after reading that - of course I am nautious.....I just said PREGNANT...Now THAT is a scary thought!!!!)

6 comments:

Patty Huner said...

Becky,
I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. You are such a strong person. You will always be beautiful with hair or without. It seems like everyone is touched by cancer in some way. I know you will be happy with Barnes Hospital. Kim's mom went there and they were very pleased with them. You have a lifetime of love that surrounds you and the strength of God that will pull you through all of the obstacles that you are going to encounter. I will keep in touch. God Bless and take care.
Patty (Staake) Huner

ken said...

Take it from an authority. Hair is vastly overrated.

Jody said...

Becky,
I typed this comment, then after all the right words, I lost the whole thing, so just want to say we love you and will pray till God gets tired of hearing from us. I know you will look good with your haircut, heck you'd look good with a sack over your head...LOL If there is ANYTHING at all we can do to help you or your family, please let us know. May God keep you in His care.
Jody

Unknown said...

Becky,
I am a friend of Robin's in FL and wanted you to know how much prayer is covering you and lifting you up through all this. Our Lord can and will do all things for us. Be open to receive His love through family & friends and keep scriptures fresh in your heart...they will minister to you when you are very stressed and troubled. Hair or no hair He is Lord! Snuggle up to Sis as she arrives today and enjoy your time together..talk really talk face to face so you can keep this time in your heart. There is no bond stronger than between sisters.
Kathy Henson

Noelle said...

Becky,
I just heard the news & was directed to your blog. You are one of the strongest, most-postive persons I know. You will most certainly get through this. Hair is only an accessory & I'm happy that Patti was able to help. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm sure you're already fully aware of this, but you have so much support around you---don't think twice about asking for help.

Thinking of you,
Noelle Smithers

Keith said...

New routine. Get up, shower,eat breakfast,go to work, open vault,check Becky's blog.