Monday, October 13, 2008

Thank......ful

Have you ever had an epiphany? Ok, if you are like me - do you even know what that word means??? I knew part of it - and since I thought I had an epiphany last night.....I looked up the definition to see what it means (confessions can be so cruel to oneself. Too many educators reading my blog...I did NOT want to appear a total goof) So - an epiphany is " an appearance or manifestation, esp of a deity" and...there are several other definitions, but that one worked for me so I will go with it.


David and I were having one of those "marital moments" last night, as I said before. Now, typically speaking I am not a mooshy-gooshy type of person...I am, however emotional. (and, a hopeless romantic) For heavens sake, I cry at Hallmark commercials (please, Frank, don't laugh - you know you do, too). And, given the current set of circumstances I have been a little more emotional - albeit very good emotions!!! (I digress...I am so sorry - do you wonder sometimes if I will ever get to the point????) So, what happened in this moment? In this moment I was made EXTREMELY aware of my cancer. (I feel as if I should preface my next statement by saying - there is NO DOUBT in my mind that at the end of the day I will be fine.......) Most of you are probably thinking....of my breasts right now....but that is NOT the cancer I am referring to. I am referring to the cancer that can invade anyone's life - the one that keeps us from getting things right. Right with our spouse, our family, our friends.....or with God. Most likely, we all have some type of cancer.




So, last night I told David - that I want to get this right. I don't want him to live even one day of his life not knowing that I think he is perfect.....he is my perfect. He is my perfect because he was a gift to me - from God......and I will never, ever see him as anything different. So, I want to get this right - I don't want there to be a cancer "poisoning" my mind about him - or anyone else, for that matter......but it happens.


So - I committed to get it right. And, just so you know - if you have a cancer that has invaded your life (keep in mind - that is what cancer is. It is cells that split and they keep splitting until they take over....sort of like a computer virus, for those of you unable to relate any other way)...and if there is one invading your life - I know of a drug that you can take. It is free, comes unconditionally, and is guaranteed to get rid of your cancer!!! If you want to know more, give me a call!!!!




I love you - I honestly do. It is a love that God has placed in my heart.....and it feels so good. For those of you who are wondering....I do NOT believe God gave me breast cancer, but I do believe that He can take this one event in my life and make me better.....and, after some long (and hard) reflection, I needed to be better.....I need to be better every day.


Hey, it's like I say every day now...in some fashion, "This cancer thing is really working out for me!!!!!"


Take care......and thanks for listening


p.s. Wednesday, October 29th at 1:00pm. My surgery is scheduled for this time. Please pray for the hands of the surgeons...we already know I am okay!!!!



p.p.s. What am I thank.....ful for? There simply is not enough time in the day for me to even begin. But I will try. I am thankful, that one of the side effects of this cancer......is that God sent me you.









3 comments:

ken said...

When I think of all the time I've slept through church listening to clueless clergy, when all I have to do is log onto your blog and get all the gospel I'll ever need, wrapped up in one beautiful, articulate, and love-filled package.
Love you, Bec...just because you are so always so very "Becky."
And by the way, epiphany is a type of stained glass lamp produced in the 1920's by a New York firm.

Robin C. said...

Becky, as I read your blog, with tissues in hand for I too cry at Hallmark commercials, songs on the radio, or a mother giving her child a hug, I am thinking what wonderful words of wisdom you are writing. After this is only a chapter in your life, you truly need to think about putting your words in a book. You write your feelings so beautifully and I know there are others that have the same emotions but can't express them and would feel the comfort of your words. Your in my daily prayers. Please call me anytime if I can help with the kids, need a driver, or a chef (that word is pushing my abilities just a little). Your friends are here to help and we would feel honored to get a call saying would you please........

Nicole Triplett said...

I am work...sobbing while I am reading your blog. Your words are truly beautiful to my ears and heart. God is using you for so many wonderful things. He truly has the power...doesn't he...