Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pre-Op Testing

I know this may be hard to believe.....but sometimes I get to have a blog that actually talks about something happening with respect to this cancer....as opposed to always talking about how it is making me feel!



This Tuesday at 8am I have to be at Siteman's for my pre-op testing. Someone asked me what that means. I wish I had more "meat" with respect to this process. In essence, they take care of a lot of the stuff that normally takes place right before surgery. I have to show up, fill out a questionnaire so they can know how healthy I am (I thought that was hilarious....last time I checked....I have cancer, for heaven's sakes.....BUT...I wish they would test me again....I would not be a bit surprised to find out my body is cancer free) But seriously...do I exercise, eat right, smoke, drink, do drugs.....etc. They will take any necessary chest x-rays (before and after photos of the chest area), draw blood (must admit.....this part of cancer is already getting old.....but I am not complaining. I am just concerned that eventually there will no more blood to take. HAHA).



They told me that if I got in before 9:30 my appointment would last 1.5 - 2 hours. If I were to get in after 10 am, I should plan on the appt lasting 4 hours (WHHHHOOOOAAAAA!!!). So, I made the appointment for 8am, will spend the night before with my gal-pal Jill (GREAT NEWS. If you are sick, or using the hospital, you can get a seriously reduced rate at the Parkway Hotel which is adjacent....)....and as soon as the pre-op is over.....we are going for some serious retail therapy. Do I dare even say it??? Yes, this cancer thing is really working out for me!!!! David gave me some cash....and I already have his credit card!



For those of you who are still wondering how I will answer the questionnaire with respect to smoking, drinking, and drugs - SHAME ON YOU!!!! (hehehehehe)

1 comment:

Carole - mom2 said...

Hello Sweetie, This will be short till I see if it goes through..Good luck Tuesday..and enjoy the shopping therapy..lol
love you. Carole - mom2