Saturday, October 18, 2008

And the envelope says.....

When the mail arrives at the McCartney household, it is a little like waiting for the letter from Ed McMahon notifying you that you have just won $10,000,000. The kids fight to get to the mailbox....and everyone wants to bring mommy and daddy.....the mail. Bella asks, "Is there any mail for me?" And then, "me, too" and "me, too" ask the same question. (I now understand what Kathy meant when she said someday I would refer to the younger girls as 'me,too').

So the mail arrived on Friday - and I had ANOTHER letter from Siteman's. It was so exciting.....Circe (the secretary) had indicated to me that I would be receiving a special letter (her words)in the mail regarding my surgery date, etc. I was certain this letter would be filled with fabulous words and insight - about me. Since they are so good at making you feel good, I was certain this letter would be no different.......(hold your breath). I opened the letter and much to my dismay, there were no special words. As a matter of fact, it had items HIGHLIGHTED......why? My guess is that they send out thousands of these letters and I am simply no different than the thousands of others....at first, well, I was a bit miffed. I wanted to ask - what is so special about this letter? Since it is obviously a form letter that is printed and sent to ALL the patients. Nothing special about it.


That is what I thought. Then I decided, once again, it was time to reflect on what all this meant. And it dawned on me.......I should be REJOICING that I received this form letter regarding my cancer surgery. Obviously they do hundreds if not thousands of these surgeries each year......thus, they send out a form letter. All I could do in that moment of recognition is look up and thank God again for reminding me that I put Him in control....and He provided for me a top-rated cancer center, a doctor that not only specializes in breast cancer, but whose area of interest is high risk cancer patients and breast cancer in young women. NO WISE CRACKS from those of you who know I technically do not fit into her category of young women....I think her credentials read 'women less than 40'.


I know some call it coincidence, some call it luck, some call it positive energy.....each time I open the envelope to see what it says - I call it answered prayer!!!


THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and May God Bless you with a form letter today!!!








No comments: