Thursday, October 9, 2008

I am not strong alone

I really am not a "tough gal"....at least, not on my own. Today, I left to take the kids to town...school, etc, and all I could think of was how beautiful the day is. It is October 9th and it is the most beautiful day.......I really enjoyed that drive with the girls....and as I watched Gracie and Sophie singing in the back seat (oh, yeah - they are their mother's daughters!!!), a tear fell...okay, a couple of tears fell......

We all are strong when we need to be - some of us get our strength from being with others - our children, spouse, partner, friends. I know I do. But, for me, there is a strength I need now, that can only come from one source - my Heavenly Father. And how is He reaching me? Well, through friends like you....every day - I will continue to share with you the fruits of your labors...so you will personally witness prayer at work - and working.

Please know - each time you talk to God, He hears you.......and all I can say is THANK YOU........AND.....if you don't believe in God, then pray to my God - even though you may be out of your comfort zone - I promise you He will hear you.....and I will never make fun of you!!!

My prayer is that each of you would know this feeling....of knowing you are not alone - and will NEVER be alone. No matter the want or need. I keep thinking to myself - Jesus died on a cross and ascended into Heaven.....if God can do that, then healing a little cancer doesn't even touch His radar!! Furthermore, it is humbling to think....God cares about me.....just as much as He did His own son. Whoa - now THAT is news.

I sing this song - every day. It feels like I sing it 100 times or more, but it is most likely more like...5 or 6 times. I want to share it with you......and if you want to hear it, I listen to the version by Selah. It is called "Part the Waters/I Need Thee Every Hour"...and it is so AWESOME!!!

When I feel I'm going under, part the waters, Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea
When I cry for help, oh hear me Lord, and hold out your hand
Touch my life, still the raging storm in me

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord
No tender voice like Thine, can peace afford
I need Thee, oh I need Thee
Every Hour I need Thee
Oh, bless me now, My Saviour,
I come to Thee..................

He brought me to you...............and I thank Him for that today. God Bless you!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Just want you to know that you are in my prayers!!!! Please let me know if there is ANYTHING that I can do for you.
Jenna

this is the verse that has helped me through the last few months!!
Phillipians 4:13