Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Breast Cancer walk in Quincy














































On Saturday, October 25th, I had the opportunity to help raise money to fight breast cancer locally. My friend Hillary....errr I mean Jill, wanted to do this and actually gathered several other friends to participate. If they were giving prizes for the team member that travelled the farthest, we would have won for sure. Karen was here...all the way from Sacramento, California.

The 5K walk started in Washington Park in Quincy. It was very touching to see so many people come out - on a pretty chilly morning - to walk for this cause. I know there were 39 survivors or people currently fighting, and the rest were people who have been touched...I am so proud that my entire family was there....even Austin who has a social calendar I can not begin to compete with. ( he did have to miss practice.....I guess I should admit he wasn't given the option!! But he came willingly)

In my opinion, the real heroes of breast cancer are the people who care...anyone who cares. Thank you for being my hero.










6 comments:

Keith said...

You look great in Pink! And, of course, it is good to know that David is secure in his manhood to wear the same.

Karen Castle Romero said...

The walk was awesome! I kept falling behind 'cuz of the beautiful fall colors and scenery I was taking pictures of, but I made it across the finish line, too. Thanks for inviting me to walk with you and document your day.

Becky M. said...

Keith - you made my day!!! A friend told me once that pink was "not" my color....and well, pink is the new black in our household. Hey - you aren't colorblind, are you??!!!

McCombs Family said...

What great pictures of the whole family in pink! Pink is usually overshadowed in our house with 4 boys, but during October, we've had 6 people wearing pink every Friday - yes, that means Shawn's been in pink, too!

Hallie said...

You all look beautiful in pink!!!! You are beautiful any way Becky :) Lots of love and prayers coming your way!!!!I love you!!!

PattieP said...

It was great meeting you that lovely morning. Please know I'm thinking about you tomorrow. You and your family are in our prayers.