Friday, October 10, 2008

Wait and See

I think that one of my greatest assets is NOT my ability to "Wait and See." As a matter of fact, I think I will make it an unwritten rule in my house to never say those words again....



I......am......frustrated. Everything seems to have moved so fast the last 4 weeks - mammagrams, sonograms, spot compressions, biopsies.....breast exams....breast exams.....yeah - and doctors visits. Okay - so we went to the doctor on Tuesday and she assured me I would know in the next "2 to 3 days" when my surgery would be....and, furthermore, it would be in the next 2 to 3 weeks....more likely 3 weeks because that is the average wait time trying to coordinate her schedule with the reconstructive surgeon's (Dr Brant).



Being the patient patient that I am...I called yesterday - got a voice mail. Called today - got a voice mail. And I was so sickening sweet in my message I literally wanted to hurl all over myself - but, I figure - do you really want to be a boob (no pun intended) to the woman who is going to remove your cancer? Not today - I think I will be nice to these people.



But....being the human (woman) I am, I am using this as an excuse to eat anything I want this weekend. I am going to have monster cookies, popcorn loaded with butter at the movies tomorrow, popcorn at the game tonight, and maybe even a snicker blizzard loaded with peanut butter syrup from the DQ. Why? Because that is what women do when we are......out of our element - we fight back - the old fashioned way......oh, and perhaps a little bit of retail therapy will make me feel better as well. Yeah - that will definately help.....



Sorry - I have no new news about the surgery. Thank you so much for asking. Now - go eat a cookie......I am!!!



God Bless You!!!!

3 comments:

Hallie said...

Becky,"Wait and see" goes hand in hand with "Hurry up and Wait." This is a day that you need Aunt Barb to send you some of that "grace saving" patience she had :) The woman truly rarely EVER got frustrated over ANYTHING....I will pray tonight that she helps you with that :) In the meantime...indulge yourself...You know us Crews' never needed any excuse to munch honey :) Sounds to me like you could use a batch of aggression cookies though :) I'll pray you hear something first thing Monday....enjoy this beautiful weekend....I love you!!!

Randy said...

Becky, Good luck and we pray that things will work out for you.

patty clinton said...

I love you, kiddo! We are praying for you everyday.