Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A moment of reflection

Dear friends, family, and loved ones....

I am asking for a very specific prayer. On Tuesday, my first day of chemo, I just learned that I will be having my blood drawn and taking chemo at nearly the IDENTICAL time as the father of a dear friend from high school. (both of us at the Siteman Cancer Center) His name is Jim Beard - his daughter Beth has become a very close friend of mine....a "circle of four" I will say. Four of us who email nearly every day - about life, family, and other issues. (I love you Beth, Kim, and Diana!!)

Jim has been a cancer survivor for 19 months (because he became a survivor from the first day he was diagnosed.) His battle and Beth's experience has taught me countless lessons about hope, loyalty, humor, and never giving up. While his diagnosis may not be what we want to hear, his spirits are high and we all know that God is in control. All I ask - is that I be who God needs me to be for Beth and Jim on Tuesday. If there are words I can speak....let me speak them. Let me let go and let God for them.......And pray for Jim and his family.

No comments: