Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Doctor Called

Honestly, you won't be surprised by what I learned this evening....I know I wasn't. The phone rang and David had just walked in (the phone rings a lot....but when I am in bed I don't get it) and he answered it. I heard him walking towards the bedroom and telling whomever was on the line that he thought it was a telemarketer and he wouldn't wake his wife up for that. And then he laughed - so I knew he wanted me to talk to this person.

It was Dr. Margenthaler. She is the one who removed both of my breasts. She indicated that she had the pathology report and wanted to go over it with me. In a nutshell, there was no cancer in the right breast, which we had assumed. The right breast was removed because of the history in my family and the fact that I tested positive for the BRCA gene. Then she went on to say that the cancerous tumor was 1.5cm in size and was contained in the left breast - there was no sign of cancer in the lymph nodes. What was of particular interest to me was when she said the following, "Becky, this is the best possible news you could have hoped for. Based on this information we know you will not need radiation therapy. You will need to meet with the medical oncologist to determine the need for chemotherapy."

Listen - I know WHY it was the best possible report I could receive......if there was ever a doubt that prayer works, I would hope this puts it to rest!!

So, this particular news makes this day......better than others!!!!!!

13 comments:

McCombs Family said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news! Prayer does work and we all continue to pray for you and David, Austin, and the girls. Continue to do what the doctors tell you that you need to do so that your recovery is the best!
Love and hugs,
Shawn & Amy

sis said...

I can only cry what are tears of joy at this moment, wish I was in Illinois to give you a big hug.
I love you sis, and I know that prayer works, you are an example.
Love you bunches,
Sis

Hallie said...

BECKY!!!!! What awesome news!!!! :) I am sooo happy for you AND ALL of us....and Yes indeed it does prove there is much power with prayer!!!Much Love to all of you!!! I wish I were there to hug you too :) I am shedding tears of joy too :)

Kim said...

I am so happy for you! Such fabulous news! Love you!

Lisa Scranton said...

I am ecstatic for all of you!!
I knew that with all the love and prayers rolling your way that there would be no other kind of news. Rest now and heal. Love to all of you...Lisa

Lori B. said...

What wonderful news that is. We are so happy for you. We will continue to pray for your quick recovery.
Sophie did great today. She was quiet at first, but by the time we got to town she and Cody were both talking and Cody had her laughing. She's quite the talker for a 3 year old. You should be proud.

Dawn Adams said...

That is great news Becky!! I have been following your blog from the beginning, reading it faithfully every day! You have been so upbeat and positive!! I am so happy for you and David and the kids!! Continue to rest, especially now that you can put your mind at ease as well. Know that my thoughts and prayers have been with you daily and will continue to be during the rest of your healing process. Take care!!

Keith said...

Phillipians 4:6
Be careful for nothing, But in Everything by prayer......(I am not a bible scholar, but I do know this one.)
KB

ken said...

YeSSSSsssssssssss!
(the original Hebrew translation of "Praise God!"

Anissa said...

Becky, that is wonderful!! The power of prayer really is amazing. You, David, Austin and the girls will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep resting. Love, Anissa

Robin C. said...

Becky, what a wonderful way to start my day! I'm sitting here crying like a baby. I have so enjoyed running the girls to their activities. Please let me know if you would like for me to continue for a few more weeks after the
14th. You have my continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

Girl Friday said...

PRAISE THE LORD!! So happy, yet with all these prayers what were we to expect. Get well, feel better, rest peacefully, love ya, Elaine

Carole - mom2 said...

Becky, I'm so glad you never give up...and since this is my 3rd attempt to get a message to you..guess I don't give up easily either..lol The Lord is soo good. I told dad 2 of your wonderful news ..(now remember he's a man..lol) and he said: "See, I told you she'd be ok." Then he said..that is really good news..
We love you..take care carole-mom2