Monday, November 3, 2008

A Good Day

A very wise man and dear friend once told me that every day is a good day - it's just that some are better than others. Today is a good day. And I am praying that tomorrow is one of those that is better than the others.

I am NOT complaining. I consider it a good sign if I can feel the pain - it means something in there is working, right?? I find myself wishing my life away....can't wait until the next appointment, can't wait to not feel the pain....well, I really can wait. I figure this is minimal compared to what other men and women have had to endure, I know it is minimal compared to what my mom had to endure...so who am I to complain?

Thank you so much for the cards, food, prayers, assistance with our kids, and everything else. For those of you who know David, you understand that he is somewhat reserved. He is a very kind man with a generous and loving heart.....but for the most part would not be outwardly emotional. Wow has he changed!!! And I love it!!! The best part.....prayers. David and I were talking with a friend this evening and he told her that he is humbled by all of the people who have called or stopped by just to let him know they are praying. We both are, but to see how this has effected him is beautiful to me.

I recently read an article which talked about women with breast cancer. Specifically, the article stated that 80% of the women polled indicated that their life was better AFTER the cancer than before. I understand that now. I haven't been declared cancer-free yet...but I know that I am.

Today is a good day. I hope you had one, too.

5 comments:

Keith said...

I recently attended a lecture by a Buddhist Monk. He was very good. He said we are "Never Here,Never Now". Today we are worrying about tonight. Tonight we will worry about tomorrow. We need to stay in the here and now. I learned a lot from him. Now I am learning a lot from you. God Speed Bec.
KB

Girl Friday said...

As I sit at this computer with tears streaming down my face, and hoping that David does not come in the office and catch me, I am so humbled and somewhat ashamed at the way we do not stop and think just how fortunate we are in our lives. I am so thankful I have two bosses who are so giving, so loving, so understanding, and they belong to me. David and Becky I love you both, my heart aches from what you are going thru, but in my heart I know there willis soooo much good coming from all of this, and even make us better people. Becky you are soo strong and your strength is has spread to so many people that are close to you and your family. Stay strong, and eat more than an apple for breakfast, love you Beck, Elaine

sis said...

i love you sissy, hope today is even a better day than yesterday.

uncle ed said...

Becky,
From my professional and personal experience the third post-op day is usually the worst. After that the pain should gradually ease so you will need less pain meds. It's important to drink plenty of water and eat what you can tolerate. I'm sure the told you to move as much as possible. I can also tell you the thing that always made me feel better was a good hot shower.

uncle ed

Hallie said...

Just letting you know I am thinking of you Becky!!! Sending you,David and the whole gang :) lots of love from Ohio :)