Monday, November 24, 2008

Chemo to begin

I just received a call from Dr. Michel's nurse (Dr. Michel is my medical oncologist - he is responsible for my chemo treatments...but is NOT the attending physician on the clinical trial). I start next Tuesday, December 2nd.

9:45 Draw Blood
10:20 Meet with Dr. Michel
11:30 Chemo starts
2:15 Meet with Dr. Brandt

Okay - I know what you are all thinking. I said I was not going to do multiple things in one visit any more....welllllllllll I just couldn't help myself - Dr. Brandt is actually on the main campus that day and I can meet him right there....so I decided to go ahead and do it. PLEASE pray that they do not get behind and I miss this appointment - I think I would bury my head in a pile of cow manure if that happens....Lord knows it would feel better than missing his appt again.

And in case you are wondering - the nurse said my hair would start to fall out 3-6 weeks after the first treatment....I was hoping for 3-6 days. I am ready to start saving money on toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, root lifter, biosilk, shine and sheen, chi, and hair spray) and electricity (blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron), haircuts, hair colors, and all that other stuff that goes with hair. I think 6 months of chemo and I will be able to save enough money for our summer vacation with what I will save on my "hair treatments."

December 2nd - I can't wait!!!! This is so nice - they decided to give me Thanksgiving week "off."

1 comment:

ken said...

Just a suggestion...if you did stick your head in the horse manure, it really wouldn't matter when the hair fell out.
Did I mention I'm praying!