Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chemo- Day 2

Just a little update. I feel compelled to say that after 8 hours in a fetal position due to the nausea caused by the lack of meds - or incorrect meds - or whatever the freakin problem is - ......I would not wish cancer or chemo on my worst enemy. Not that I have any enemies.....but if I did - I would not send them here.

I have good news. I found out that the last name of my medical oncologist's nurse is Gambino - seriously - her name is Gambino. Angela Gambino. She actually told David that she was sure the doctor would see me 2 hours late for my appt on Tuesday because she called down and told them if they didn't.....well, she had ties to the mafia and would be sure to take care of them. Never thought I would be so happy to have ties to the mafia!!! Yikes - I will forget this later - you know, a side effect of the chemo. They said it would cause memory loss....and I am losing something.

Thanks for your prayers. I KNOW everyone has told me that now-a-days......no one gets sick from chemo. I am sure that day is coming for me.....please pray that it is TODAY!!!!!!

Thanks a million - how is that for a specific request? Listen - I just know how fast God works....and He hears your calls with mine. So - let's band together for this one.....because I can honestly tell you it is the lowest feeling I have had throughout this ordeal. Maybe an overstatement, but you get my point.

I love you alll........and even at my lowest point.....it is a good day.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Bless your heart, I will continue to pray for you and keep you in my thoughts till this stinkin thing is over! Hang in there...Jody

Nelsie said...

I love you and wish I could be there right now. Who said moving so far away from home was a good idea?
I have said a million prayers for you and have a bunch of friends all over the country doing the same so you are essentially surounded geographically by people with well wishes, prayers and thoughts. That has to count for something. I love you bunches and talk to you soon.

Keith said...

"..darkest before the dawn.."
"..Every cloud has a silver lining.."
.."Keep your sunny side up!..."
All this is so much crap when you are sick. But we all know you! You feel the love and God hears the prayers.

Oh yeah, I forgot this one, "..it will feel better when it quits hurting.."