Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm Tired

I don't mean to complain or anything.......but I am REALLY ready for this whole cancer thing to be....over. I think someone forgot to tell me that when the chemo started....it would actually be a REAL thing - and it would last for....well, about 5 months. I don't care about the hair loss, or the weight gain (ok - maybe I am lying about that one), or the nausea, or the stares - I'm just ready for normalcy.

That is SOOOOOOOOOO funny. Actually, maybe cancer and chemo is preparing me for three girls to be teenagers simultaneously. I can't confirm this - but I am guessing that anyone with three teenage daughters might take...at least a double take...when given the option. Ok, that is not funny - but maybe an indication of the hormones we have in our house.....and Christmas - all I can say is Thank God for Christmas.

Honestly, I ask myself....how in the world can I complain about anything - when compared to Mary? She road on a smelley donkey while at the very last stages of pregnancy (and was, I am quite sure, thankful for the ride). She went into labor and instead of having a nice, warm bed to lie in (drugs for the pain) - she was given a stable....to share with animals. I am getting a bit queezy just thinking of the smell she would have had to endure - and I thought chemo was bad. Seriously - I have drugs to help me through this. And I bet Mary would say - she had Joseph, and God........I guess that is something I have in common with her - God. Thank God....because in case you haven't guessed....I am going a bit stir-crazy.

I am so thankful that Mary rode on that donkey and gave birth in a stable so that I could have eternal life - and not walk alone....ever. My next chemo treatment is Tuesday. I really just want it to come and go - and for my life to be normal through this. You know - no more nausea....or steroid tummy. What do I mean by that?

Well, Austin made a keen observation the other day - he informed me that my stomach was sticking out. The horns popped out of my head and I informed him that it was the steroids....and that telling his mother her stomach was big....in any manner....was so uncool. Truly, for a moment I thought about taking him down - then I remembered the last time I tried that. It didn't work - I cried "mercy" and he let me go....oh well....I did inform him, however, that I had other means of torture (removal of phone, etc).

Enough of that - I am rambling. Just sitting here, a bit humbled by the Grace of God and thinking of you. And praying.

3 comments:

Teresia said...

Hey Becky!
Just wanted to write you a quick note and tell you I love you and am always thinking of you! Your strength and unending sense of humor are always a source of inspiration to me. Take care babe and hope to write more to you soon! Hope Christmas was good to all of you!

Tasha said...

Well, at least you have the steroids to blame your belly on...I tell my kids mine is all the gum I swallowed as a child. I don't really have a fat tummy...it's just undigested Hubba Bubba! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow...wish there was more I could do.

Angela said...

I agree, thank God for Christmas and for sending His son and thank God for Mary. What she went through really got to me when in one of our preachers sermons he talked about how the animals breath kept Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus warm and I could not get past the smell of the breath!!! Next time you are nauseous from chemo just think, it could always be worse...ha-ha. Love you!