Thursday, December 4, 2008

Grandma - my inspiration


This is Grandma Crews - the matriarch of our family. Wow do I miss her!!! Grandma went home to be with the Lord - and Grandpa and mom, dad, and Rusty, in August, 2006....but not before she left us with some very valuable lessons!!! Unfortunately, there is not enough space in the internet universe for me to put it all down - but I decided to focus on something that would bring me a great peace - and it is grandma...so I thought I would share a bit of her with you.
Here she is with Bella and Sophie. In October, 2005, grandma came to our house and spent the night and we went on the fall color drive. EVERY where we went grandma would say, "my, oh my, there are a lot of people out there...." Which was my clue to keep driving - and we drove all over Pike County. That was truly awesome!!!
Grandma was sick then, but we didn't know it - she had cancer. She lived the last months of her life with more grace than most of us could ever hope to have in a lifetime.....thank you, grandma, for teaching us about loving others and giving of yourself.....and especially how to tell our man to keep his fingers out of the food!!! You were and are the best!!

No comments: