Friday, December 5, 2008

Grandma's don't mess around


Go Saukee Freshmen!!!! 58-28 vs. West Central Co-Op last night!! (not these photos!)



















I have already shared that when I was in the 6th grade, my mom lost her earthly battle with cancer, but won the war of many hearts....and went home to be with Jesus on September 11, 1979. For many moons after that there were discussions about whether or not mommy could "see me." And the conclusion at that time was that no - she could not. Because I would have painful times in my life and that might make my mommy sad......so that is how it went for me - my mommy, daddy, and Rusty were in Heaven...and they haven't been able to see the sorrow of our lives.

Now this next revelation may come as a shock to some of you - but I am going to go out on a limb and say I think ....that is hogwash. You can disagree - but I have proof. Last night, I named my grandma as my inspiration......the matriarch who held our family together after many had passed. This phenomenal woman predicted the exact timing of the birth of my first daugher - proudly proclaiming at that Thanskgiving dinner that we were going to have a baby that night. (Side note - I had asked her how in the world she knew that...she said it had everything to do with my trips to the bathroom!!!! Wow - that's insight, to say the least.)

Okay - enough of that. So....as I was praying last night I talked to my grandma, too. YES I DID.......and this morning is the BEST day I have had in a very long time - I am not nauseous, nor tired, nor do my breasts (or the area F/K/A my breasts) hurt. I got on my knees and thanked God for allowing grandma to look over me. She is my angel....and, I suspect, there are many others up there - they are not sad...they are looking over me and making sure I never, ever walk this alone. How else can God be everywhere at once? He is the master of design.....and I so love the way He has designed my life. And now, there is no greater feeling than to know I not only have family and friends here looking over me (thank you thank you thank you for your prayers).....but I have the best of all - grandma's brood!!!
Thank you, God, for the gift of your grace, for not forgetting me, and for letting me have this perfect morning. I am forever humbled by you.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I am so glad that you have found a way to connect with your roots. I agree with you - the Lord is amazing and blesses us in many ways. I am glad your morning has been much better. You are right - Grandma's "rock"!!

Praying and thinking of you always. Love you like a Sis!
Shelley

McCombs Family said...

Grandmas are great and so are you! Can't you just imagine what it will be like once Austin and the girls start having babies and you get to be Grandma Bec? Won't that be something!?!

Hallie said...

Just letting you know I am thinking of you and sending lots of love your way!!!! Awesome pics of Grandma....seems like so long ago....she is with you now Becky helping you along....you KNOW I believe that :) I love ya!

ken said...

Do you remember how angry Grandma Crews got when Nelson made the terrible mistake of washing her tea cup?