Thursday, February 5, 2009

Celine

Need I say more? Last year Frank got tickets for Mary, Teresa, Frank, and I to go see Celine in concert. It was originally scheduled for November 11th, but she cancelled due to a sore throat. In hindsight, I was so happy because it was less than two weeks after my first surgery - and I was extremely exhausted.......and then last night arrived.....February 4, 2009, the Scott Trade Center....and some McCartney's ...and a Goetten....

The four of us left Pittsfield at 5pm on our blessed adventure. Believe me - it was blessed. How do I know this? Because at 7:15 we were taking the offramp and at 8:00pm...we were STILL on the off-ramp. I can tell you, beyond the shadow of a doubt, angels were carrying our car - because Frank mentioned, several times, that he was very angry (maybe those were not his exact words)...but the concert started at 8:00...hopefully with a warm-up act since we were obviously going to be late.

So - at 8:00 we are still on the off-ramp, and Frank does what we all wanted to do.....he goes down the left lane and makes a right turn(okay - there really wasn't a left lane, but he created one.....he is so creative) ....because we were following a bunch of driving IDIOTS....I can not even get into that - but he did it. We parked 4 blocks away - and STILL made it to our seats by 8:20...to see Gordy Brown, comedian, tear us up!!! I seriously do not know how to explain it other than to say it was Divine Intervention. God, of all people, knew how desperately we wanted to see Celine...and who wants to miss the opening number? I am still in a little bit of shock when I realize what Frank accomplished in 20 minutes....Teresa and I sat in the back and smiled....we knew how is was accomplished!!!

Celine - she was worth every penny and all the stress. We were sitting about 15 rows up from one of the ramps - and the seats were phenomenal. We actually saw her wink....and Frank insists she was looking directly at him (fantasy world).

This has nothing to do with chemo or cancer - but I simply had to let you know.....God is in the details and He didn't let us down!!! So - I give Him the credit....for one of the best concerts of my life!!!

No comments: