Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Why waste time complaining?

I knew this would happen. As soon as the horns went back in my head and I settled down - I would feel bad for ever being upset....aboout the support gal at Siteman. As a matter of fact, the very next day on WIBI someone said.....we are all created in the image of God and worthy of respect. Alright...alright...alright....maybe that is true (and I believe it is)....but we are created in His image and IMperfect...the reason Jesus came back for us...the reason I got a little upset...and maybe over reacted....the jury is still out on that - and since I am the jury - I guess I will reserve judgement on it.

So, why complain? I have people ask me often how I am doing...and many times I comment that I am just fine - no complaints here. And then I follow it up with, "well, I have complained, but no one is listening so I decided to stop complaining." Well - the truth of the matter is...if I am complaining, then I am obviously NOT focusing on the blessings I have asked to recieve. I read a daily devotional (have several and love them all)....and one day a couple of weeks ago the devotional said that "complaining is death and thanksgiving is life." It makes so much sense - why pray for something if you are only going to complain about it? Instead of complaining about the service from the support staff, I think I should have been giving Thanksgiving for those who help me - and hundreds of others - every day. Believe me, the good far outweigh the bad in that joint....and I need to keep THAT in mind.

So, the next time you wake up - remember to give God thanksgiving for the many blessings you receive and prepare yourself to be blessed!!!

2 comments:

ken said...

I had a small group of high school girls complain to me once. It seems as if they had always dreamed of having the lead in the play when they got to be seniors...then this little upstart...this UNDERCLASSMAN named Becky came along and stole the leading role! The nerve! Yeah, whiners are a pain.
(Of course on opening night everyone thought she was a star and I was a stinking genius.)

Girl Friday said...

Becky you can not help from loving this man Ken, he makes may day just ready what he leaves you. As for you young lady, you have the right to complain, and if nobody wants to listen to your complaints just come over to my office. I see you every day and you look GREAT!! But of course I know you have your days, but yes be thankful for those days. Love ya, Girl Friday