Tuesday, September 30, 2008

They Named the Cancer

Okay - so, if you went to Triopia like I did, this is really gonna getcha......they call it "Invasive poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma." Seriously - if my cancer was a first grade student and had to stay in at recess to spell her name 10 times for misbehaving, she would NEVER get to go to recess!!!!!

I have a little feedback for this thing:

Invasive - you're darn tootin'....it has invaded MY space and I am not particulary in favor if that little action. Since I am a tad bit competitive, I am looking forward to kickin' this "invasive" in the butt!
Poorly - are you kidding me? They said that poorly meant the cells they examined did not look anything like the original cancer cells....now, for my diagnosis that means nothing. But my brother-in-law, Ed, likened it to the following: If you were walking down the street and looked down and saw someone had spit out their gum, you wouldn't think anything of it - if you saw someone had spit out a mouth of nasty chew...you might saw "eeewwwww"....and that is what they say about "poorly"...my poorly is "eeeewwwww"
Differentiated - well, let's just say that in 4th grade...I missed that word in the spelling bee....funny how we remember things. Mrs. Carnes gave it to me (and I said "ch".....and I think I am a good speller!!!!!)
Adinocarcinoma - well, I don't plan to "add no" nothin to my list.....especially this carcinoma thing.....

Man - I want to meet the man who came up with these names - because it surely could NOT have been a woman - we are way too practical and would have wanted others to be able to say it - AND like it.....and maybe even change their name to it!!!!!

You gotta love this cancer thing - because didn't Jesus teach us that Love conquers all?? Yeah - that is what I thought!!! Thanks, guys and gals - I love you!!!!

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Dug out your bunny picture...posted on the frig. In my prayers!!! Sylvia

Michelle said...

Hi Becky, I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. While medicine will help, I truly believe your positive mental attitude will do more wonders for you than any drug in the world. Keep your chin up and I will keep you in my prayers!

With Love, Michelle Tjelmeland
(Kim Martin's good friend)

Keith said...

If the army of prayers that are behind you were in Iraq, the troops would be home for supper. We will check your blog each day. (right after a prayer)
Keith and Nancy

A. Norm said...

We love you, Becky, and know that you will come through this with flying colors because Jesus is with you! We'll kee praying. Uncle Ron & Aunt Norma

ken said...

Okay, this is probabably out of line, but you know me...I clicked on the people listed as "followers" of your blog. Hey! You've got some real babes here! No, that's not the reason I signed on...okay...maybe a little..no, no it's not.
Geesh, I remember I first fell in love with you because you were such a babe. Actually, you were a babe when I first saw you.
Am I getting off the subject?
Sorry, but following your lead, I didn't want this blog to be a litany of woe.... I'm with you, girl, and more than that, God is absolutely crazy about you.
kb
(Does all this mean I just called Sylvia a babe?...)

marklipe said...

When the act of reflection takes place in the mind, when we look at ourselves in the light of thought, we discover that our life is embosomed in beauty.
Raplh W. Emerson


Becky, I admire your strength. I am your biggest fan!

Kim Miller said...

Becky; I am so glad you have this blog, it's a great idea! Although we haven't kept in touch, I still think of you and Robin often and miss you guys. You have always been a pillar of strenth, and after reading your blog, you haven't changed. God has you in his hands and will not forsake you. I will continue praying for you and your family. Mom had lung cancer and went to the Siteman Center at Barnes. They are GREAT! I know you will be pleased with them. Very friendly and the hospital runs like a sewing machine. I will read often and pray hard!! I love ya!! Kim (Bridges) Miller